The Canada Green Building Council is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2011 CaGBC Leadership Awards. Seven categories are recognized including: Chapter leadership; Government Leadership; Industry Leadership; CaGBC Volunteer; Green Building Champion; Academic Leadership; and Lifetime Achievement.
Awards were presented at a Gala Evening in Toronto as part of the CaGBC National Symposium last month. The Gala was sponsored by Eaton Corporation, a long-time member and supporter of CaGBC.
“Eaton’s ability to develop innovative products and processes that help customers and consumers conserve resources and reduce their carbon footprint are crucial in making Eaton a leader in global sustainability efforts. Recognizing leaders in the green building industry is a way to highlight the importance of this work,” says Rob Farrell, director of marketing, Eaton’s electrical sector (Canada). “We are proud to support the work of the CaGBC and these exemplary individuals who are recognized for their outstanding contributions.”
2011 CaGBC Leadership Award winners include:
1. Chapter Leadership – Cindy Choy, CaGBC Manitoba Chapter, Manitoba
2. Government Leadership – Province of Ontario
3. Industry Leadership – Michael Brooks, REALPac, Ontario
4. CaGBC Volunteer – Curt Hepting, Enersys, British Columbia
5. Green Building Champion – John Godden, Clearsphere Consulting, Ontario
6. Academic Leadership – Dr. John Robinson, UBC, British Columbia
7. Lifetime Achievement Award — Wayne Trusty, The Athena Institute, Ontario