The Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) encourages everyone to participate in determining this year’s People’s Choice Award. Voting is open until April 10, 2009.
You can now go online at www.oaa.on.ca and click on the People’s Choice 2009 logo.
Look through the images of all of the selected 14 Design Excellence Award winners. These buildings and environments were chosen from 136 submissions by a panel of distinguished jurors who evaluated each submission on how it best addressed any or all of the following criteria:
1. Creativity: The innovative and ground-breaking nature of the design solution
2. Context: The contribution a project makes to its unique location, neighbouring uses and community building
3. Program: The role played by the architect in defining and addressing unique aspects of the project
4. Environment: The contribution the project makes to a sustainable environment
5. Good Design is Good Business: The degree to which the project demonstrates the principles of “Good Design is Good Business” by creatively supporting the business and architectural goals of the client
6. Legacy: The contribution of the project in establishing a new benchmark for architectural excellence
Then choose your favourite, note the project’s title and click on “Vote”. The project with the most votes will be declared the People’s Choice Award winner and announced at the Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony taking place on May 8, 2009 as part of the 2009 OAA Conference in Toronto, Ontario.
For more about the OAA Awards program, visit www.oaa.on.ca go to: News & Events, OAA Awards.