The small town of Hawkesbury, on the Ottawa River halfway between Ottawa and Montréal, is getting the Infrastructure Ontario treatment: IO and Hawkesbury & District General Hospital have issued a request for qualifications to build and finance the hospital’s expansion and redevelopment project. The project includes a combination of renovations and new construction at the hospital, including:
- a new consolidated ambulatory care centre that will include specialty clinics, hemodialysis, cardiology services and medical day care;
- an expanded complex continuing care unit;
- a new perioperative department;
- expansion of emergency services;
- additional acute care inpatient beds;
- major renovations to the existing hospital to accommodate a new psychiatry in-patient unit, an expanded medical-surgical unit, expanded diagnostic services and a new operating room
Pre-qualified teams will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, which is expected to be released in the fall of 2013.