Infrastructure Ontario has released a request for proposals (RFP) inviting three short-listed companies to submit proposals to design, build and finance the Learning Resource Commons at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning. This new building will be an academic support and student services facility and will accommodate more than 2,200 new students and will feature study space, an expanded library, enhanced student services and a student gallery and showcase space. In addition it will become the new main entrance of Humber College’s North Campus in Etobicoke.
The Humber College project will proceed under Infrastructure Ontario’s Alternative Financing and Procurement model, which transfers risks associated with designing, constructing and financing the building to the private sector.
Based on a request for qualifications process that began in March 2012, the three companies pre-qualified for the project are:
Integrated Team Solutions
- Developer: Integrated Team Solutions
- Design: Canon Design
- Construction: EllisDon Corp.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Inc.
PCL Contractors Canada Inc.
- Developer: PCL Contractors Canada Inc.
- Design: B+H Architects
- Construction: PCL Contractors Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: TD Securities
SNC Lavalin Capital
- Developer: SNC Lavalin Capital
- Design: KPMB and architectsAlliance in joint venture
- Construction: SNC Lavalin Construction (Ontario) and Eastern Construction in joint venture
- Financial Advisor: SNC Lavalin Capital
Once submissions to the RFP are received and evaluated, the successful project team will be selected and announced in spring 2013. Construction is expected to begin shortly after.