The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Humber College and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) have selected PCL Constructors Canada Inc. as the preferred bidder to design, build, and finance Humber College’s new Learning Resource Commons.
Located at Humber’s North Campus in Etobicoke, the new Learning Resource Commons will be an academic support and student services facility and will become the new main entrance to the campus. Highlights of the facility include:
- accommodation for more than 2,200 students;
- group and independent study spaces;
- a new library, including a centralized hub for student services;
- a student gallery and showcase space;
- more space for the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences and college administration;
- the project is intended to achieve LEED Silver certification.
The procurement process began in July 2012. Key members of the PCL team include PCL Constructors Canada Inc (developer and construction), B+H Architects, TD Securities and Debt Capital Markets.
Infrastructure Ontario will now begin negotiating contract details with PCL Constructors Canada Inc. and expects to reach commercial and financial close in spring 2013. The project cost will be announced following the completion of negotiations, with construction expected to begin shortly thereafter.