PCL Constructors Canada Inc. has signed a guaranteed maximum-priced contract with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Humber College and Infrastructure Ontario to design, build, and finance Humber College’s new Learning Resource Commons project. The fixed-price contract is for $84.2 million, and will be paid by the province and Humber College at substantial completion in spring 2015.
Located at Humber’s North Campus in Etobicoke, the new Learning Resource Commons is a six-storey, 260,000 sq. ft. academic support and student services facility that will become the new main entrance to the campus. Aiming for LEED Silver certification, the facility will include:
- space for more than 2,200 students;
- group and independent study spaces;
- a new library, including a centralized hub for student services;
- a student gallery and showcase space;
- space for the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences and college administration.