Plenary Health Care Partnerships has been announced as the preferred proponent selected to design, build, finance and maintain the new acute care Humber River Regional Hospital. The new hospital, located in north Toronto, will have increased patient capacity from 549 beds up to 656 beds. It will enable Humber River to provide a more comprehensive range of acute care services and support for inpatient and outpatient hospital programs.
The new facility will offer:
- greater access to high quality health care;
- reduced wait times;
- expanded emergency services;
- increased specialized outpatient services;
- modern diagnostic equipment for better patient diagnosis and treatment; and
- updated infectious disease containment systems to monitor and prevent a broad range of infections.
The project will create spin-off benefits in the community and region with the supplies purchased from local businesses and the potential for hundreds of construction workers to be employed during the project. Construction is expected to begin in this fall, with a goal of achieving LEED Silver certification.
The Toronto-based Plenary Health Care Partnerships team includes:
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Inc./HCP Social Infrastructure (Canada) Limited/ Innisfree Ltd.
- Design: HDR Architects/C.F. Møller Architects
- Construction: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Facilities Management: Johnson Controls LP
- Financial Advisor: RBC Capital Markets
Infrastructure Ontario and Humber River Regional Hospital will now work to finalize contract details with the preferred bidder. The project is expected to reach commercial close and financial close this fall, which will mean that relevant contracts have been signed and a financing rate has been set. The project’s cost will be announced publicly at financial close.