Infrastructure Ontario and Halton Healthcare Services have announced the three teams shortlisted to design, build, finance and maintain the Milton District Hospital expansion project.
Based on a request for qualifications process that began in August 2013, three teams were shortlisted and will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, expected to be issued in spring 2014. Each of the teams includes a developer, design/builder, finance group and a facility maintenance provider:
Hospital Infrastructure Partners
- Developer: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Capital Inc., Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
- Constructor: EllisDon Corporation
- Architect: Parkin Architects in joint venture with WZMH Architects Financial Advisor: Scotiabank Facility Manager: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corporation
Milton Healthcare Partnership
- Developer: HOCHTIEF PPP, Innisfree Limited
- Constructor: Bondfield Construction Company Limited, Canadian Turner Inc.
- Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc in association with Gunsul Frasca Architects Financial Advisor: Investec Facility Manager: Honeywell
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Constructor: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Architect: B+H Architects
- Financial Advisor: RBC Capital Markets
- Facility Manager: Johnson Controls
The expansion project will focus on increasing the most in-demand services and facilities at Milton District Hospital. This includes: emergency, surgical, critical care, maternal newborn, diagnostic imaging and support services, as well as medical/surgical inpatient units. With connections to the existing facility, the new addition will significantly increase the size of the hospital. The new addition will target LEED Silver certification.