CertainTeed Corporation has achieved Green Approved status from the U.S.-based National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Center for more than twenty of its products. The Green Approved third-party endorsement provides evidence that building products meet specific green criteria and can automatically contribute to points that align with the NAHB’s National Green Building Standard. Through the program, points are awarded based on a variety of factors that contribute to the sustainability of a product, including recycled content, ISO 14001 plant certification, and the use of durable, termite-resistant materials.
“Receiving Green Approved status from the NAHB validates our commitment to being the industry leader in the development of sustainable building products and the environmentally friendly operation of our manufacturing facilities,” says Aman Desouza, director of innovation and sustainability for CertainTeed Corporation. “We want to walk lock-step with builders, contractors, architects and specifiers to insure we help them meet today’s green building requirements.”
The Green Approved certification was given to:
- CertainTeed(R) Vinyl Siding and Soffit
- CedarBoards(TM) Insulated Siding
- Cedar Impressions(R) Polymer Shake Siding
- CT 20, XT(TM) 25, and XT(TM) 30 (Star White shingles)
- Form-A-Drain(R) Foundation Footing System
- Landmark Solaris(TM) Solar Reflective Roofing Shingles (all colors)
- Restoration Millwork(R) Cellular PVC Trim
- Panorama(TM) Composite Railing
- Platon Air Gap Waterproofing Membrane
- ProRoc(R) Gypsum Board
- ProRoc with M2Tech(TM) Gypsum Board
- SoftTouch(TM) Duct Wrap Insulation
- Symphony(TM) Synthetic Slate Roofing Shingles (all colors)
- Vytec(R) Vinyl Siding and Yukon Boards and Soffit
- WeatherBoards(TM) FiberCement Siding, Soffit, and Trim with the ColorMax(R) Finishing System or Premium Stains
- WeatherBoards FiberCement Siding, Soffit, and Trim
- All CertainTeed fiberglass batt, roll and blowing insulation products, including DryRight(TM) Fiberglass Insulation faced with MemBrain(TM), the Smart Vapor Retarder and InsulSafe SP(R) Blowing Wool Insulation.
“We have found CertainTeed’s products to be excellent choices for sustainable building projects,” says Tad Radzinski, president of Sustainable Solutions Corporation, a consulting firm based in Royersford, Pa. that facilitated the certification process on behalf of CertainTeed. “The NAHB program gives building professionals an easy-to-use endorsement and the guarantee these CertainTeed products support their green building initiatives.” Many of CertainTeed’s products also contribute to the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED program for both commercial and residential construction and are ENERGY STAR and GREENGUARD certified.