Infrastructure Ontario and TO2015 announced the companies short-listed to build and finance three venues for the Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games, which includes:
- construction of a new Markham Pool and Field House facility that will host the water polo and badminton competitions for the Games;
- renovations and improvements to the existing Etobicoke Olympium facility, which will be the training site for aquatic disciplines including swimming, water polo, diving and synchronized swimming during the Games; and
- construction of a new two-field Pan American Field Hockey Centre; plans include the two fields to be located on University of Toronto lands.
Following Infrastructure Ontario’s evaluations of the request for qualifications (RFQ) submissions, the following companies were short-listed and will be invited to respond to the request for proposals (RFP) for the project:
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- EllisDon Corporation
- Bondfield Construction Company Limited
The RFP will be issued in February 2012.
The construction of these facilities and their operation during the Pan/Parapan American Games is a joint initiative of the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada, in partnership with the Town of Markham, City of Toronto and the University of Toronto.
Infrastructure Ontario is a Crown corporation dedicated to delivering some of the province’s larger and more complex infrastructure renewal projects using public-private partnerships and other delivery methods, on time and on budget; managing one of the largest real estate portfolios in Canada; asset planning; and providing long-term financing to public sector and not-for-profit organizations for public infrastructure renewal.